Each year, the Seattle Professional Chapter of the Association for Women in Communications awards scholarships to Washington state college students majoring in a communications discipline.
Scholarship application information for the 2014-2015 school year will be posted by February 1, 2014.
Eligible students must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a Washington state resident
- Be a registered student at a four-year college in Washington state for Fall 2014
- Be a junior, senior or graduate student as of Fall 2014
- Be accepted as a major in at least one communications discipline, such as:
- Graphic design
- Journalism (print and broadcast)
- Multimedia design
- Public relations
- Technical communication
- Television and radio production
Scholarship selections are based on:
- Demonstrated excellence in communications
- Contributions towards communications on campus and/or in the community
- Scholastic achievement
- Financial need
- Work samples
To apply, you must send all of the materials listed below.
- Cover letter explaining your educational and career goals and what you are doing to reach those goals
- Completed scholarship application
- Transcripts of post-high school academic work (Photocopies are acceptable. Please do not have school send official transcripts separately.)
- A current resume
- Two samples (only) of your work:
If you are studying journalism, television/radio production, advertising, marketing, public relations, technical communications, send two writing samples.
If you are studying graphics, multimedia design or film, send one sample of your work in that discipline and one writing sample.
Please note: If you wish to have your samples returned, enclose a self-addressed envelope of the appropriate size and include correct postage based on the weight/size of your materials.
The application deadline will be posted in February 2014.