From professional development programming to networking, referrals, and job search tools, AWC provides a supportive community of communications professionals to build and sustain every stage of your career. Learn why others have joined and how they have benefited from membership on our testimonials page.
As a professional association dedicated to the advancement of women in all fields of communications, education and professional development is at the core of the AWC mission.
Throughout the year we host networking events, webinars, and workshops by industry-leading speakers that explore current trends, help you sharpen your skills, and provide valuable networking opportunities. A complete listing of all upcoming events is available on the News & Events page.
The programs we offer include:
- Affinity Groups: This peer-mentoring program provides members with the opportunity to engage in in-depth conversations with like-minded professionals to further their knowledge and careers while building new or stronger relationships. We currently offer three groups: Solo Pros, Mid-Career Professionals, and Emerging Professionals. For more information contact Dana Van Nest, VP Programs, at email@example.com or 206-795-8089.
- Monthly Luncheons: AWC Seattle hosts luncheons on the third Wednesday of (nearly) every month on topics of interest to communications professionals.
- Morning Workshops: In these hands-on workshops, you’ll learn how to build your skills and apply them immediately.
- Cocktails & Conversations: No reservations needed! We invite members and curious non-members to network and talk careers, industry trends, news or just catch up and have fun.
- AWC National Webinars: Every month AWC National offers both live and recorded webinars that cover a variety of topics. Visit AWC National for the calendar of upcoming webinars and events.
Membership gives you a way to learn and exchange ideas across traditional boundaries of communication. Seattle Professional Chapter members are in advertising, corporate and nonprofit communications, education, publishing, event planning, graphic design, journalism, marketing, printing, public information, public relations, fundraising, video production, and more.
Communicators & Marketers JobLine
The Puget Sound area’s best source for employment and internship opportunities in a variety of communications fields! The Seattle Chapter offers free access to our members. Learn more about JobLine.
Learn new skills and meet members through participation in chapter events and committees. Build event-planning skills by joining the Holiday Auction Committee or Putt-Putt Palooza Committee. Organize workshops and events on topics that most interest you with the Programs Committee. For more information about volunteer opportunities, visit the Get Involved page.
Biennial Professional Conference
The AWC National Conference, held every two years,is your opportunity to learn about the latest tools and tips, explore issues and new fields, and meet and learn from professional communicators from across the country.
Visit AWC National for a complete overview of membership benefits.
Ready to join? Learn about the types of memberships available on the Join page.