The Association for Women in Communications Seattle Professional Chapter provides networking, professional development, job opportunities and a supportive community of professionals. We include a wide range of communications fields, including print and broadcast journalism, television and radio production, film, advertising, public relations, marketing, graphic design and photography. We also include members who use communications of any form as a function of their work, regardless of profession.
Our membership represents a mix of communicators: soloprenuers; small business owners; corporate, public sector and nonprofit employees; students; recent graduates; and retirees. We draw strength from our diversity, bringing together ideas for continuing education and career development you won’t find anywhere else.
Founded in 1909 as Theta Sigma Phi at the University of Washington in Seattle, AWC continues to grow and change as communications disciplines evolve. The founding principles, however, still guide our organization today:
- Promote the advancement of women in all fields of communications
- Work for the First Amendment rights and responsibilities of communicators
- Recognize distinguished professional achievements
- Promote high professional standards throughout the communications industry
- Lead progressive change in communication professions through information exchange, leadership, professional development and technology
Interested in sponsoring an AWC Seattle Chapter event? Find out how here.
For information about AWC National, visit http://www.womcom.org.