Expand your communications network and boost your resume by volunteering with AWC Seattle! If you’re interested in a position below, please contact Laura Ware, President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Social Media Director (Marcom Committee Volunteer)
Head up social media strategy and implementation for AWC Seattle’s Facebook and LinkedIn pages. Time commitment: 1-2 hours per week.
- E-Marketing Manager (Marcom Committee Volunteer)
Set up and distribute monthly newsletter and mid-month update, as well as special announcements as needed, through MailChimp. Most content is provided. Time commitment: 2-3 hours per month.
- Website Editor (Marcom Committee Volunteer)
Make regular updates to the chapter website and monitor for out of date content. Assist with managing redesign of website. Time commitment: 1-2 hours per week.
- Event Venue Liaison (Programs Committee Volunteer)
Assist Programs VP with identifying and working with venues to host professional development and networking events. Time commitment: 2-3 hours per month.
- Special Events Manager (Programs Committee Volunteer)
Manage planning for two chapter fundraisers: Holiday Auction (to raise funds for scholarships) and June Awards Dinner (event to distribute scholarships and other awards). Time commitment: 3-4 hours per week during planning season (approximately 2-3 months prior to event)
- Member Outreach Manager (Membership Committee Volunteer)
Manage outreach campaign to potential members, including identifying prospective members and sending promotions. Time commitment: 1-2 hours per week.
- VP, Student Affairs Committee (Board Position)
Serve as liaison and resource to AWC student chapters in Washington state. Time commitment: 1-2 hours per month + monthly board meetings.