Education and professional development are at the core of the AWC mission. We are also a wonderfully supportive community!
Membership allows you to take advantage of these opportunities:
Throughout the year we host networking events and workshops with interesting speakers, exploring current trends and learning career-building skills. Members pay a discounted rate for events! Among the fun networking opportunities we offer:
- Cocktails & Conversations: Free, and no reservations needed! Members and curious non-members network and talk careers, industry trends and news, or just catch up and have fun.
- Fundraisers: Our winter Holiday Auction and a springtime event raise scholarship money for student communicators.
Learn more about all of our Events.
- Affinity Groups: We currently offer a peer-mentoring group for sole proprietors/entrepreneurs, called “Solo Pros.” We expect to create other groups in the future.
- Communicators & Marketers Jobs: AWC National offers an online Job Board.
- The Seattle Chapter will offer career tips and job opportunities through our LinkedIn group, open for members only, starting Oct. 15.
Every month AWC National offers both live and recorded webinars that cover a variety of topics. In addition, the AWC National Conference, held every two years, offers learning opportunities and allows networking with professional communicators from across the country. Learn more about AWC National membership benefits.
Ready to Join?
Seattle AWC Chapter Annual Dues:
Students and First Year College Graduates: $15
National AWC Annual Dues:
Prices for National membership are in addition to the Seattle Chapter dues, vary by type of membership and are required to join the Seattle Chapter. Sign up for both National and Seattle Chapter membership online through AWC National.
Contact the Seattle AWC Membership VP at firstname.lastname@example.org, with questions.